22 North Housing Development
The number of young adults experiencing homelessness is growing, but affordable housing is harder and harder to find.
- There are currently around 100 young adults on our waiting list for housing.
- The rental vacancy rate in Bellingham is less than 1%.
- On average, renters in Bellingham pay around 42% of their income on rent.
What is 22 North?
22 North is a collaboration between Northwest Youth Services and The Opportunity Council. It will offer 40 studio apartments to adults experiencing homelessness. This building will offer wrap-around support services to help residents meet their goals and support them on their journey to independence and prosperity.
22 North will be located at 1022 N. State Street, next door to our Bellingham offices. The We Grow Garden will be relocated to a nearby site. 22 North is scheduled to be completed and ready for move-in in 2018.
22 North will include:
- 20 units for NWYS clients (age 18-25)
- 20 units for Opportunity Council clients (age 18+)
- Client meeting rooms
- Community rooms
- Office space for NWYS
- 24/7 staffing and security
- Case management
- Employment & education support
- Referrals for outside services
22 North will provide homes for young adults experiencing homelessness,
and offer the wrap-around support they need to meet their goals.
Click here to learn about how you can support 22 North!
Want to know more about 22 North and how you can help?
Contact Riannon Bardsley, Executive Director, at RiannonB@nwys.org or (360) 734-9862 ext. 116.
Thanks to our generous sponsors!