Northwest Youth Services collaborates with at-risk, runaway and homeless youth to foster self-reliance.
Our vision is that all young people have a place to belong: to be safe, heard, and valued.
Philosophy of Service
- We believe that all children and youth deserve a safe, nurturing environment.
- We believe that adolescence is an important time of transition, and that youth need and deserve compassion, encouragement, and support.
- We believe that children and youth should be recognized and valued as a vital part of our community.
- We believe change is needed within society to create a safe and healthy environment for children and youth.
- Youth Centered – We put the needs of children and youth first.
- Potential for Change – We believe in the potential for all people to grow and change, and provide opportunities and tools to facilitate that process.
- Advocacy – We advocate for the interests of children and youth within their families and communities.
- Empowerment – We honor the unique process of each individual and family to meet their challenges and make their own choices for creating health and well-being.
- Family Oriented – We understand that each individual exists within the context of a family, and we work holistically to foster healthy relationships.
- Strength-based Approach – We meet people “where they’re at”, listen with compassion, honor differences, and build on strengths.
- Diversity – We believe that all individuals are important and deserve quality services, and we strive to provide an environment that truly embraces diversity and differences.
- Innovative – We look for innovative solutions and take initiative to provide and promote quality services.