Skagit County Housing Programs
Come in to talk with a Case Manager on Mondays or Wednesdays, anytime between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. For more information, or to apply for housing, visit our office or call us at:
2204 Riverside Drive #210
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
If you want someone to contact you, please click here.
In Skagit County, we offer 3 housing programs:
HUSLY Emergency Shelter
The HUSLY Emergency Shelter (Housing Under Served Low-Income Youth) is an emergency housing program for young adults ages 18 to 25. The HUSLY Emergency Shelter is located in Mt. Vernon, WA. There are 4 beds and youth can stay for up to 90 days. In this program, youth work with a Case Manager to evaluate their longer-term housing options. Youth also have access to other NWYS support services such as employment and education support.
Transitional Living Program
The Transitional Living Program (TLP) is an independent living program for homeless single or parenting individuals or couples ages 18-25 (or ages 16-17 for emancipated minors). Northwest Youth Services provides homeless youth with an apartment and a Case Manager. TLP participants have access to other NWYS support services like employment and education support and more.
- Youth can stay in the TLP for up to 18 months.
- Youth may live by themselves or with a roommate.
- Youth are set up with a savings account and 30% of monthly income is held for youth to use toward future housing.
- Youth work with a Case Manager to set goals and make progress towards those goals.
Permanent Supportive Housing
The Permanent Housing Program is for single or parenting individuals or couples ages 18-25. NWYS staff assist youth in finding an affordable place to live while providing case management and other supportive services.
- Staff assist youth in finding a house or apartment to live by themselves or with a roommate.
- Youth are the leaseholders.
- There is no time limit on Permanent Housing units.
- Youth are offered financial support if needed, while working with NWYS staff toward paying for housing independently.
Skagit County Housing for Youth under 18
YMCA Oasis Teen Shelter
Are you under 18 and looking for housing in Skagit County? Check out the YMCA Oasis Teen Shelter emergency housing program:
• For 13-17 year olds
• Open 6:30 pm – 7:30 am every night of the year.
• Case management and other support
Call Oasis Teen Shelter at (360) 419-9058
Leave a message on the shelter line if no one answers.
Visit www.skagitymca.org/oasis-teen-shelter for more information.